Re: "any within struct" ORBit decoding problem

This has been a while ago, so I include the whole mail. The question is, has
anything changed in the mean time? We have a very similar setup, and are
trying to send a

    struct Property {
	string property_name;
	any property_value;
    };

to a Java server (using ORBacus 4.0.5). Plain anys (i.e. not as part of a
struct) appear to work fine, both as clients/servers and sending/receiving.
However anys as part of a struct just don't get marshalled (although we don't
get a failed assertion).

I haven't seen a follow-up to this mail; has this (IMHO serious) problem been
solved in the mean time? Should I get the latest ORBit snapshot from CVS ?

'any' help appreciated !-)
                                                                      Philip

PS: I have so failed to find any examples on how to work with anys in ORBit;
    any pointers (sorry about the pun again) would be very welcome.

--
If you have a procedure with 10 parameters, you probably missed some. (Kraulis)
Philip Lijnzaad, lijnzaad@ebi.ac.uk \ European Bioinformatics Institute,rm A2-08