Re: Interface Repository

On 25 Jul 2001 23:50:18 +0200, Frank Rehberger wrote:
> OZ is a very dynamic dataflow language. Therefor I would like to use the
> corba_object_get_interface method to read the interface,  generate an
> OZ-class interface on the fly and link it to the system.
>
> My question: calling corba_object_get_interface does invoke the
> interface repository (IR)?

An interface repository should already be running, and you have to tell
your application where to find it by passing -ORBIfaceRepoIOR=<some
IOR>.

> And, does this IR  know the interface of any object circulating.
> Which interfaces does the IR contain?

It contains those interfaces that you tell it about.

There is an almost-working ORBit IR that someone may want to do the last
few percent of work to. Otherwise you can use any IR, such as the one
from MICO or OmniORB.

> cu, Frank

- Dick