Re: Problems using ORBit with omniORB and CosNaming

On Tuesday 17 July, Tim Chapman wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the objects are created properly, because they can be
> accessed from other omniORB/C++ objects. I tried using name-client that
> comes with ORBit to examine the omniNamingService, but it says it can't
> find the objects:
>
> ./name-client IOR:0203..snipped..002 resolve MotionController
> 'MotionController' can't be found, because 'MotionController' is missing.

I can't help with the ORBit side of things, but you might get a better
idea of what is going wrong if you turn omniORB's tracing on. Try
running both omniNames and your C++ server with command line arguments
-ORBtraceLevel 25. That will print out lots of information about what
omniORB thinks is happening. If you up the trace level to 30, you will
get full IIOP packet dumps to wade through.

Cheers,

Duncan.