Re: CORBA_sequence_CORBA_long

Hi Samuele,

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, samuele Gallazzi wrote:
> in an IDL file I declared a sequence as:
> "typedef sequence <long> list;
>  readonly attribute list ID;
>
> This is mapped in C with CORBA_sequenceCORBA_long type. I don't
> understand how this type is structured: can I access to it like I make
> with an array?

        Yes, there are two elements:

        _buffer, and _length that you need to maintain, eg.

{
        CORBA_sequence_CORBA_long *b = CORBA_sequnce_CORBA_long__alloc ();

        b->_buffer = CORBA_sequence_CORBA_long__allocbuf (20);
        b->_length = 20;

        for (i = 0; i < 20; i++)
                b->_buffer [i] = my_long * i;

        return b;
}

> In particular, in the skeleton-impl file where is the error if I try
> to use "servant->attr_ID[i]" to access to the data in the sequence? Or
> this sequence is mapped like a linked list? And if so which is its
> internal structure? Thank you again. Samue

        A plain array, no magic.

        HTH,