Re: ORBit documentation

On 24 Jan 2001 11:54:16 -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, °­¼øÁÖ wrote:
>
> > I think the documentations of ORBit is too weak and I only depen on
> > little examples tagged on ORBit homepage. Do you know where is any
> > full document or books directly related with ORBit or C/CORBA mapping?
>
> Hahahahahahahaha.

:-)))

I would recommend:
1. Buy a good CORBA book which explains the basics.
    See http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/faq.html
    for a link to "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++" by Michi Henning
and Steve Vinoski.
    You will get a deep CORBA background and learn the C++ language
mapping.
2. Afterwards have a look at the C-Language mapping spec. and try
running your first examples in C (from the page above).
3. And finally when you are familiar with all that you can write that
book you are looking for, maybe: "Learning CORBA and ORBit in 21 days"
;-)

> Good luck,

Michael