strange behavior of ORBit

Hi,
I have this strange problem with orbit. I make about 65535 calls to the following orbit function:
orb_funcName (ORB client, i, environ);
with 'i' running from 1 to 65535.
The first time around, i get proper results with the above function returning the required object. When i start making another call with a particular 'i' value, for some strange reason, the function
module_orb_funcName in the mod_stubs.c,
giop_send_request_buffer_use
seems to be stuck and it is not returning. Gdb shows that it is waiting at the function __select. My question is, when it works fine with the first pass, why shoulnd't it work fine with the same value in the next pass?

Any ideas on it are most welcome.
Thank you very much.
Rajesh