Exiting Corba Server app

Hi, sorry for the crosspost but perhaps someone on the main list knows
something I don't.

I now wonder what's the proper way to shut down a corba application
server? I'm using orbit-python, and I've noticed the following problem:

I can't kill my server gracefully. I can't shut down my database
connections, and I can't flush my files. Why?

a) I can exit using Ctrl-\ or Ctrl-Z + kill %. This works, but since I
can't catch signals inside my corba app, it isn't a graceful exit and
everything is left pending. I understand daemons are supposed to be killed
with signals, but orbit-python won't let me do it unless I hack the source
code unconventionally.

b) I could exit by receiving a corba request. However, orbit won't shut
down when processing a client request (or it does, but breaks the
marshalling). Ok, so I can close files and connections and just break, but
it's a bit ugly, no?

c) I guess I could receive a request and set an alarm.. but wait, I can't
handle signals. Jeez.

Any help?

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311