segmentation fault

I am working with ORBit 0.5.1-81, on a Linux machine (kernel 2.2.16). When I
try
to run applets in Gnome, I get the following error:

** WARNING **: Cannot activate a panel object
** WARNING **: Cannot start CORBA
In a window the applet says: segmentation fault.
The same happens with ORBit 0.5.4-0.

When I started looking for a solution, I found on the ORBit home page the
orbit
docs, and some examples in it: When I run the test- echo server and client
everything works fine, but when I run the calculator, this segmentation fault
happens again. Can anyone tell me what is wrong, or what I am doing wrong?

--
Saluttekes,
/\lco