Re: g_assert problem in ORBit2-2.3.100 on Solaris...

Hi Dave,

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 dahaverk@rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> What is the purpose of the following "g_assert" ref: line 857 in poa.c function "ORBIT_POA_create_object"?
> (note: I am running ORBit2 on Solaris)

	The purpose is to make sure that this object id was generated
by the ORB. This is because the poa has the SYSTEM_ID policy ...

> It looks to me like it would probably never be "TRUE".
>
> When I get to this g_assert my
>
> objid->_length = 13       // 12 Char's in _buffer + 1 for \nul terminating char.
> objid->_buffer = "myEchoServer"
> objid->_release = '\0'
> objid->_maximum = 0

	You are generating the object id yourself here. You shouldn't
be doing that :-)

	I'm curious about the code path that lead you here. Are you
using a servant manager or something ?

Good Luck,
Mark.