Re: Scream and Shout for JacORB

Hey,

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Roland Juelich wrote:

> Hi Michael and list,
>
> I'm running ORBit against JacORB and having the following error:
>
> (process:3575): ** ERROR **: Object Keys in different profiles don't match.
> Scream and Shout on orbit-list@gnome
> .You might want to mention what ORB you're using

	arghh, no. hmm. Well, its a good thing I put that warning in.

	Michael and myself decided no sane ORB would use difference
object keys for different objects and decided to optimise by only
storing one copy of the key. It seems we were wrong :/

> A look into the sources and an analysis of the IOR, JacORB is sending, gives
> the following:
> JacORB sends two internet tags with equal object key but different versions
> (GIOP 1.0 and GIOP 1.1). In the code these are recognized as different object
> keys (function IOP_ObjectKey_equal() in iop-profiles.c) and the error above is
> thrown.

	I've had a brief look through the JacORB sources myself and
I'll look further later, but could you send me on the IOR from the
JacORB ?

	btw, its great to see people testing interoperability with
ORBit2. Apart from this warning did you have any other problems? Does
the ORB function even *with* this warning?

Cheers,
Mark.