Merging ORBit-c++ into ORBit2 ...
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Sam Couter <sam topic com au>, <murrayc usa net>,Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- Cc: gnome-components-list <gnome-components-list gnome org>,<orbit-list gnome org>, Release Team <gnome2-release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Merging ORBit-c++ into ORBit2 ...
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:09:17 -0500 (EST)
Hi Sam / guys,
I just looked over orbitcpp, and it looks great for inclusion into
However I'm slightly concerned about the C++ being used in the IDL
compiler; I would prefer this to be migrated to plain C, and always linked
into the idl compiler - rather than having a conditional C++ build [
although we will need this anyway for building the core ].
Also it's worth asking the release team about this;
Are you guys happy to add C++ support to the ORB ? this is a
highly peripheral feature; it should involve precicely no changes to the
existing C ORB, since the C++ code is merely wrappers around it.
There will be some new C++ code that we'll need to install in
various places - but no particularly new standards or APIs - beyond that
of complying with the C++ CORBA binding spec.
What do you think ? otherwise I'll import it into CVS and have a
go at hooking up the autoconf gubbins - that is if Sam / Murray are happy
to do the work on making it fly ?
email@example.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev