linc? (and turn arround)

All,

it is about ORBit-OZ:

I will discard my previous concept, doing all different now.
Sorry for any trouble so far.

Mozart-OZ offers distributed memory management and supports very light
threading. The whole environment has been designed to manage concurrent
tasks fast, everything is based on logic variables, dataflow and
monotony. Scheduling and distributed computation are main objectives of OZ.

The CORBA interface for OZ will realize a gateway between the OZ world
and the classic world. POAs will allow to use the Mozart-OZ environment
for task-scheduling services called from other languages.

Now, my impression is that POAs are used doing blocking reading. This is
not acceptable as it would block my intire OZ-environment. Is there a
way to do non blocking POA "activation"?, returning immediatly if no
requests are pending or an amount of requests has been served?

As Mozart-OZ supports threaded suspension on file descriptors (fd) of
sockets, I would like to get access to sockets used of POAs. Instead of
heavy polling on orbit level I could do suspension on transport layer
level, activating POAs on demand.
How could I realize this? Which functions have I got to look at?

Thanks, Frank