Re: "no poa found"

Hi Havoc,

On 28 Aug 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Still there. I shouldn't get this if I deactivate an object in the
> server, and then someone tries to use it, correct? They should just
> get comm failure, and the server should do nothing...

	Ahh, exactly what have you done on the server side? Did you
a) de-activate the object using PortableServer_POA_deactivate,
b) de-activate the *POA* using PortableServer_POAManager_deactivate,
c) destroy the POA using PortableServer_POA_destroy or d) simply shut down
the server process.

	If a), you should get a OBJ_ADAPTOR/OBJECT_NOT_EXIST system
exception depending on the POA policies,
	b) you should get an OBJ_ADPATOR exception,
	c) I think you should get an OBJECT_NOT_EXIST exception, but I
think ORBit currently just drops the request and emits the g_warning
that you reported.
	d) you should get a COMM_FAILURE exception.

	So I reckon it must be c). Note that this also includes
shuting down your ORB using CORBA_ORB_shutdown or CORAB_ORB_destroy.

	Is the code in CVS? Could you point me to it?

Cheers,
Mark.