Re: Problem with parsing of recursive structs in IDL

* Brad Chapman (chapmanb@arches.uga.edu) [010828 21:57]:
> I ran into a problem with CORBA._load_idl() getting a Bus error and
> core dump while parsing an IDL that I work on. After a bit of
> narrowing down, it appears as if this is a minimal IDL that will
> cause the problem:
>
> struct RecursiveStruct {
>   sequence <RecursiveStruct> inner_struct;
> };
>
> interface ProblemInterface {
>   attribute RecursiveStruct problem_item;
> };

Yep, this certainly causes nasty things.  In fact, orbit-idl also
segfaults on this IDL.  Maybe ORBit2's IDL compiler also has this
problem?

I'll have a look at the nature of this problem over the weekend.  If
it's nothing significant then it will be fixed for 0.3.1, which should
be released hopefully early next week.

BTW, you shouldn't really need to use _load_idl().  The only time you
need to use _load_idl() is when the preprocessor is broken, in which
case that should get fixed too.  (Well, another valid case to use
_load_idl() is when you want to load an IDL that is new since the CORBA
module was imported.  Mind you, I could probably work up a hack to get
around this problem too.)

Cheers,
Jason.