Re: concurrent

Liu Peaker <liuwen1976@msn.com> wrote:
> but this isn't my want,I want result like:
>    enter do_EchoString
>    enter do_EchoString
>         <wait about 10 seconds>
>    leave do_EchoString
>    leave do_EchoString

You need either:
1) Several processes serving your clients, one for each client.
2) A multi-threaded ORB on the server side.

The problem is that the server has just one thread of execution running, and
when it's in the middle of one of your implementation functions it can't do
anything else. It won't even check for more requests until after the
implementation function has completed.

See http://goethe.ira.uka.de/~wilhelmi/ORBit-mt/ for a multithreaded ORB
based on ORBit.
--