Re: ORBit2 ...

I'll let people at the OMG know that ORBit supports the recommendations in
the C RTF since they made sence to the ORB implementers.

The Issues that people are bringing up really need to be captured in a
document or something that I can send to people at the OMG.

Is someone going to volunteer to collect the information into a document?
I can make sure the correct people at the OMG are made
aware of the information.

>        I would recoomend using ORBit2 - not only is the project
>  drasticaly re-structured, but hacking is easier, we can't really touch
>  ORBit-stable currently, it has a reduced memory footprint, abstracted IO
>  layer, is far more generic and powerful etc. etc. :-)

The abstracted IO layer sounds usefull.   As for my progress on getting
ORBit
onto LynxOS.  I'm stuck with the "gettext" stuff.   I haven't quite figured
out
how to get gettext to configure for a target nicely.  (I'll chalk up some
of
the trouble to my inexperience in customizing the Autoconf stuff)

I should look at ORBit2 and see if it is more friendly to embedded systems.

I've had some thoughts about gettext... At least for an embedded system, I
need
to be less dependent on a package that seems to require additional setup
and
configuration just to read command lines.   I'm even considering if I could
"hack"
out the gettext dependencies....  Any thoughts? Especially since when the
embedded
system is deployed, it won't care about having internationalized command
lines like
 a non-embedded system.

Later,

-Dave