Re: Rough patch to avoid TCP/IP IIOP v1.2.1

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Ian Heggie wrote:

> I've included the rough and ready fix I've done on IIOP/connection.c to
> avoid a 200ms delay on each call. In my case its increased the throughput
> by 900%. I've posted it in case someone else is using ORBit for
> heavy throughput.

TCP_NODELAY might indeed make sense, but I am worried about it sending a
packet before ORBit has been able to write() all the data. Will there be
bad interactions with the non-blocking sockets already in use? How
portable is it?

I'm asking because I don't know enough about it, not because it's a bad
idea. It is hard to argue with a speed increase ;-)
-- Elliot
[ "In a democracy, the government is the people," Milo explained. "We're people,
aren't we? So we might just as well keep the money and eliminate the middleman." ]
							- Catch-22