Re: ORBit 2.3.90 test release

Hey Elliot,

I had some spare cycles to waste, so I've given ORBit-2.3.0 a try. I
ran into some configuration problems, so here's some feedback:

- both linc and ORBit-2 rely on glib-1.3.2 APIs, but the configure
scripts only check for 1.3.1

- linc doesn't compile if you haven't got openssl installed. The
LINC_SSL_SUPPORT check works, but the line in linc-config.h.in:

#define LINC_SSL_SUPPORT @LINC_SSL_SUPPORT@

results in LINC_SSL_SUPPORT being defined whether openssl is installed
or not.

- in ORBit-2.3.0, the ORBit.m4 script checks for orbit_major_version
etc.., but this is not defined in any .c file AFAIK, and thus you get
a link error when you try and use this in client programs.

Are you accepting patches for 0.2.3, or would you prefer to fix these
yourself?

Cheers,

Phil