Re: make async. work with orbit

I asked a very similar question a few weeks ago.  I don't think
there's plans for this right now, but you can accomplish virtually the
same thing by sticking a glib main loop into your software and using
it's work_pending constructs.  This is actually signifigantly less
work than it sounds like on the surface and I might be able to point
you in the direction of some sample code if you are interested.