Re: CORBA_double on SGI

I think this is a problem with the size of the memory allocation header that ORBit prefixes to memory blocks it allocates. The problem is that ORBit calls malloc to allocate (header_size+requested_size) bytes, sets values in the header and returns the pointer offset past the header. If that offset is not a 64 bit boundary, the doubles don't fall on a 64 bit boundary and when the instruction is executed to fetch them, it generates a SEGV. I have a patch for this which I didn't post because it added unnecessary padding in most cases. I'll clean it up and post it within the next 24 hrs.

William T. Jones wrote:

Hello,

I am new to ORBit and CORBA and am having some trouble with ORBit
running on an SGI IRIX64 6.5.  My trouble comes down to a call to
ORBit_alloc() in the C language mapping for an array of CORBA_double's. I have written a test code included below to replicate the problem. Please note that I am not trying to do this directly, however, this is a
test case to replicate what the *-common.c output of the IDL compiler is
doing for me for a `sequence<double>`.