Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit

Hi!

> > This email is here to announce the availability of a port of ORBit (the
> > GNOME ORB) to the Linux kernel.  This ORB, named kORBit, is available from
> > our sourceforge web site (http://korbit.sourceforge.net/).  A kernel ORB
> > allows you to write kernel extensions in CORBA and have the kernel call
> > into them, or to call into the kernel through CORBA.  This opens the door
> > to a wide range of experiments/hacks:
> >
> > * We can now write device drivers in perl, and let them run on the iMAC
> >   across the hall from you. :)
>
> Why would you *ever* want to write a device driver in perl???

Well, why not? When I created driver for 3com homefree camera (USB),
it had to do lots of parsing, so perl was ideal language. [Well, I was
not able to make driver work; anyway it would be good driver to be
written in perl.]

								Pavel
--
I'm pavel ucw cz  "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss linmodems org