Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit
- From: Alexander Viro <viro math psu edu>
- To: "Mohammad A. Haque" <mhaque haque net>
- Cc: Ben Ford <ben kalifornia com>, Chris Lattner <sabre nondot org>, linux-kernel vger kernel org, orbit-list gnome org, korbit-cvs lists sourceforge net
- Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit
- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 00:39:36 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:
> It was just an example. Basically, you'd be able to do in with just
> about any language that has ORBit bindings.
Yeah... "Infinitely extendable API" and all such. Roughly translated
as "we can't live without API bloat". Frankly, judging by the GNOME
codebase people who designed the thing are culturally incompatible with
"KISS is tough" -- programmer Barbie.
] [Thread Prev