ABI problems ...

Hi Dick,

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Dick Porter wrote:
> > 	Now; the problem comes when a non-C language ( eg. Owen's
> > ORBit-perl ) tries to access these methods.
>
> We should keep the ultra-fast C ABI shared objects, but I don't see any reason
> why you can't add an option to the IDL compiler to generate marshalled
> parameter passing. It would basically be GIOP over shared memory.

	Yes; but then how do you access the shared objects with the C ABI,
in short you can't. Of course, perhaps I suggested the wrong
solution. Perhaps the correct thing to do is to have a generic marshalled
<-> C ABI bridge built into ORBit that does all the horrible evilness that
is neccessary to make this work in 1 place.