Re: A comment on NetworkManager

My profound thanks to you both, (and to others I will find on this thread
as I catch up on my reading.) for opening this thread.
While I go into my Ubuntu and run the updates that are always waiting,
my hopes that whatever is totally _not_ working with nm will begin working
are regularly dashed.
Since I have the box connected by cable to a router with numerous other
boxes on the internal network, and have netatalk working to connect with
my main Mac, I assume I qualify for having some kind of network there
for nm to read. Since my first question has been answered, (Yes, it is not
limited to wireless. And why is this info so difficult to obtain?)
I will gingerly tiptoe to my next one.

"Is this software meant only for laptops?" (Is that why this NM icon sits in
my menubar, taunting me with it's deceptively, almost Apple-like look
of simplicity....because it secretly KNOWS it won't work on a desktop
box.....but it is actually a FEMALE and perversely enjoys my torment
and humiliation too much to tell me that!?)

"Is there something I'm supposed to DO....or KNOW.....to get this thing
started?"

Replies to my personal email most heartily welcomed.

chriss