Re: A comment on NetworkManager

Chris Jones wrote:
On Friday 12 May 2006 5:57 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
Garry Williams wrote:
On 5/12/06, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:
What is this "nm_applet" people are talking about?  I don't believe its
installed on this FC5 system.
$ rpm -q --file /usr/bin/nm-applet
NetworkManager-gnome-0.6.0-3
Ok, I have this:
[root diablo ~]# rpm -q --file /usr/bin/nm-applet
NetworkManager-gnome-0.6.2-2.fc5

Now, pray tell, how is it we use this?

ermm. Just run it.

If you really have never run this before, it probably explains you poor experience with NM :)

AFAIK its never been run here. And ATM wlan0 has started working, so I believe I'll let this puppy continue an un-interrupted nap until such time as I get home again & find I need to putz with it.

I agree though, documentation telling you to run this would have helped.

Is there a manpage (thats a stupid question obviously, but to stay in character I had to ask), or was that like the decal I saw on the tailgate of a late model dodge pickup dressed up with a daytona style wing on the back of the box, the decal saying "Attitude sold separately"? The driver obviously had one, it was already showing signs of participation in contact sports.

Chris