Re: Another Network Manager Stupidity: Swapping eth0 and eth1

Yeah, it's actually udev that's swapping the device names (happens to me too), depending on the order they get initialised. Guess the 'usual' network scripts may already have had some magic to deal with this...

I've not tried it myself, but you can create new udev rules to lock the mac address to a specific interface name. There's a good example here - http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/udev.htm

HTH,
Jon.

Darren Albers wrote:
I don't think this is Network Manager, it does not touch that as far as I am aware of. I have seen this problem in Ubuntu and I think it was a bug in hotplug that caused it to swap. The bug was filed in Launchpad.net <http://Launchpad.net> so maybe if you can find it there you will find more information and a possible fix for Fedora?