Re: Cannot get wireless connection on Fedora 5

Hi again,

wpa_cli doesn't shown anything except the lack of success. I am bit
surprised this hasn't come up more often. Restricted wep with FC5 I
would have thought was fairly common setup.

I'll try with the latest Intel drivers but can't see that it would
help as wep has been supported well for a long while now. This is the
main thing that is holding me back from jumping to FC5 full time.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I wonder if it's not saving the
setting two gnome properly? What would be saved for restricted wep?

Robert.

[root localhost ~]# wpa_cli
wpa_cli v0.4.8
Copyright (c) 2004-2005, Jouni Malinen <jkmaline cc hut fi> and contributors

This program is free software. You can distribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.

Alternatively, this software may be distributed under the terms of the
BSD license. See README and COPYING for more details.

Could not connect to wpa_supplicant - re-trying
Selected interface 'eth1'
Connection established.

Interactive mode

> <2>Trying to associate with 00:0f:3d:3d:1d:61 (SSID='birdman' freq=0 MHz)
<2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
<2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
<2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
<2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
<2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
<2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
<2>Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out.
<2>CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 15 received
'PING' command timed out.
Connection to wpa_supplicant lost - trying to reconnect