Re: FC5, wireless, NetworkManager--a discovery

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
Rebooting seemed to assign the network devices arbitrarily. Sometimes wireless was on eth1 and sometimes it was on eth0.
After doing this, I have had none of the bizzare problems with wireless or NM. I've heard that this inconsistent device detection problem is a known issue with the FC5 kernels, but I haven't had a chance to look at Bugzilla. Anyway, if you are having wireless issues, give it a shot and let us know if it helps.

I have had the same problem with FC4 since at least 2.6.14 or before. I'll try your solution. The arbitrary device assignment is getting very frustrating. I'd hoped that would be fixed in FC5.

--
   Best Regards,
      ~DJA.