Re: xsupplicant support

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 00:51 +0200, Javier Ramirez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw the website and wanted to ask some questions.  Is someone
> thinking of adding the xsupplicant package to the network manager
> program?

I'll play ignorant... what for?  It appears to overlap significantly
with wpa_supplicant.  What areas does xsupplicant work better than
wpa_supplicant in, and why can wpa_supplicant not be extended to fulfill
that need?

Note that we're working on some significant additions for
wpa_supplicant, namely dbus support, which would definitely _not_
translate directly over to xsupplicant.  I don't even think xsupplicant
has control socket support either.