Re: EAP-FAST support and hidden SSIDs

> > also, just a thought on hidden SSIDs.  if the user configures
> > NetworkManager with some SSIDs they are looking for, NetworkManager
> > could/should probe explicitly for those as part of it's scanning
> > process.
>
> Actually, we do.  When you scan, the hidden ESSID's show up -- just not
> with a name attached.  NM will map the MAC address from the scan to the
> name, if you have successfully connected in the past.
Hi

as there are sometimes very large wireless networks in universities (i
think there are more than 50 acess points on this campus) one has to
manually connect 50 times to each of the access points to register the
mac-adresses, right?

wouldn't it be nice if nm would automatically test if previously
configured essids work for new access-points that have not yet been
registred? e.g. nm scans a hidden essid and tries all known essids of
hidden networks?

regards jan