Re: KNetworkManager SCM

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 12:14 +0100, Timo Hoenig wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As I'm receiving more and more requests on KNetworkManager and as the
> development is near a 0.1 release, I'd like to know which source code
> repository you think public development of KNetworkManager should take
> place.
>
> Basically there are two options:  I've received an offer to put
> KNetworkManager into GNOME CVS as well as KDE SVN.  Personally, I've got
> no preference with regard to the location -- I just like SVN more than
> CVS.  Anyway.
>
> While GNOME CVS would be better as everything is in one place and NM
> changes could be more easily adopted to KNetworkManager, it would also
> mean that we'd have to hook up the developers with accounts on
> gnome.org.  KDE SVN would bring the downside of not having everything in
> one place, but I guess the willing ones are already equipped with an
> account to hack on KNetworkManager.
>
> Comments?  Or should I simply throw dice ;-)

Third option: freedesktop.org SVN (or CVS).  Chris Aillon and I were
punting around the idea of putting NM onto freedesktop.org, since it
really is desktop agnostic, a lot like HAL.  If there aren't any
objections, I guess that's the options I'd prefer.  That way, we have
everything together in one place, and it's in a place that's got a track
record of both KDE and GNOME devs working together :)