Automatic cable <-> wifi switching not working with a WPA PSK-TKIP wlan with hidden SSID

Hi,
I tried to day knetworkmanager on Kubuntu/Dapper on a Dell D600 laptop
with IPW2200.  First I noticed that after a reboot

  o the <hidden> wlan was not listed in knetnworkmanager menu.
    The manual configuration worked and the wlan is now listed
    in the knetworkmanager menu.

but

  o when I plug the wire ethernet, networkmanager continued to use
    the wlan connection :(  I had to switch the wire connection on
    via the menu to switch from wireless to cable connection.

  o unplugging the wire cable stopped the eth0 but did not active
    the wifi connection.

I don't have a WEP or open AP, so I can't test if automatic switching
works with them.

Is this a known problem?

ii  dhcdbd                1.10-0ubuntu11        dbus interface for dhclient
ii  knetworkmanager       0.09+0.1r5842-0ubuntu User friendly KDE frontend for NetworkManager
ii  linux-image-2.6.15-19 2.6.15-19.29          Linux kernel image for version 2.6.15 on PPro/Celeron/PII/
ii  network-manager       0.6.1-0ubuntu1        network management framework (daemon)
ii  wireless-tools        27+28pre13-1ubuntu2   Tools for manipulating Linux Wireless Extensions
ii  wlassistant           0.5.5-1               User friendly KDE frontend for wireless network connection

Achim

                                      -- reddy lion austin ibm com