Re: madwifi wext compliance ticket

Quoting Eli Criffield <elicriffield gmail com>:

I opened a ticket at madwifi.org asking for compliance to wext 19 with
the infomation from Dans email. It promptly got changed to "minor" and
to "enhancement" instead of "defect".

Anyone using madwifi should let them know that its important to fallow
the standard and you would like this "enhancement" added asap. Add a
comment to the ticket at
http://madwifi.org/ticket/462

Not to be a pain, but if it were me and my project, I'd consider this
an enhancement request as well.  Include a patch yourself if you want
a more rapid inclusion in the driver.

A defect would be more like what I see with madwifi (-old) --- I've got
an a/b/g AP that has separate SSID's for the a and b/g networks, but it
uses the same Mac Address for both channels..   And even when I give it
the (a) SSID, it wont select the (a) network automatically every time.
I have to manually tell it to select iwpriv ath0 mode 1 to manually select
802.11a.  *grumble*

On a side note:  it would be "nice" if NM had a way for the user to specify
which 802.11 mode I wanted to use, so I could manually select (a) or (b/g).
This is particularly important when I go places where they use the SAME
SSID on both the (a) and (b/g) networks!

Eli Criffield

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available