Re: WEP not working

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 22:49 -0300, Cesar Cardoso wrote:
> CTRL_IFACE GLOBAL INTERFACE_ADD
> 'ath0^I^Iwext^I/var/run/wpa_supplicant^I'

Hmm, you're one patch down for NM:

CTRL_IFACE GLOBAL INTERFACE_ADD 'ath0^I^Iwext^I/var/run/wpa_supplicant^I'

It shows that NM is telling wpa_supplicant to use the wext driver, which
is technically correct.

However, since madwifi-ng's WEXT support really sucks, you probably want
to use the 'madwifi' wpa_supplicant driver, which requires a patch to
NetworkManager.  NM doesn't include this patch right because it's a
point of debate, both among all of us, and myself personally.  We need
to push madwifi-ng to support WEXT correctly since that's the Linux
standard for wireless drivers, but until they do, NM is unlikely to work
very well with madwifi-ng here...

Robert posted a patch a bit ago in the email titled "wireless driver
workarounds" from Friday, March 3rd, around 10:30am EST.  Try the patch
in the initial email in that thread and see if that helps.