Re: Wireless silently disconnects?

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 09:49 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 13:56 +0100, aj2r ya com wrote:
>
> > This patch work fine for me and "all changes are needed"
>
> Alright, thanks.
>
> Dan, what do you think?  It seems the real issue is that ndiswrapper
> doesn't want to be out of IW_MODE_AUTO, not that the set_mode()
> operation itself is costly.

Um, NM only supports two modes.  IW_MODE_INFRA, and IW_MODE_ADHOC.  If
ndiswrapper doesn't support an explict INFRA mode, then I'm inclined to
tell them to fix their driver.  Is the problem really about AUTO, or is
the problem that once the driver is in a particular mode, it doesn't
like being switched out of it?

While IW_MODE_AUTO exists in the source in 3 places, it's never actually
set on the card.  So we always set the card's mode to be INFRA or ADHOC.
I don't think the ndiswrapper driver should ever be out in AUTO mode, at
least not due to NM.