Re: Orinoco card under NM, anyone?

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 18:25 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is anyone successfully running NetworkManager
> with an Orinoco Gold or Silver Classic PCMCIA card,
> particularly such a card in a PCI or USB adaptor?
>
> I tried a while ago, and lost all WiFi connection.
> However, it is more than likely the fault was on my side,
> and I'd like to try again if someone has it working.

Yes, but with these caveats:

1) Make sure hostap doesn't bind to the card first, since both drivers
can use the card
2) Make sure you have kernel 2.6.13 or higher, or that you have orinoco
drivers from CVS (for scanning support)

If that doesn't work for you, debug logs would be great.  You can get
these by running NM as root with the "--no-daemon" flag, and copying the
output from the terminal to an email which you send to this list.