Re: wep key lost

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 13:51 +0100, aj2r ya com wrote:
> The problem is in ../src/nm-device-802-11-wireless.c at
> function "static gboolean nm_device_802_11_wireless_scan
> (gpointer user_data)". Probe to substitute with:
> ----
> static gboolean
> nm_device_802_11_wireless_scan (gpointer user_data)
> {
>
> 	return FALSE;
> }
> ----

That essentially means that NM isn't doing any scanning at all, and
hence can't update its list of networks.

You're using broadcom with ndiswrapper, right?

Obviously we're not going to cut the scanning code, and likely the
driver is busted.  It should _NOT_ be losing settings when a scan is
triggered.  When its done with the scan, the driver should restore the
settings and attempt reassociation with the AP.  I'm not sure why
ndiswrapper would be screwing up in this case.