Re: [Patch] dbus sysconfdir default value

> Robert Love wrote:
>> On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 19:42 +0200, Timothée Lecomte wrote:
>>

>>> This is almost always wrong. On most distributions, it should be
>>> /etc/dbus-1/system.d whereas the previous code expands to
>>> $prefix/etc/dbus-1/system.d where $prefix is often /usr, or whatever is
>>> given to ./configure.
>>>

>> Really?
>>
>> I guess we all build with an explicit --sysconfdir
>>
> Well, with this modification you will save a few characters for your
> fingers then ;-)

Hmm, actually please forget this patch. Even if it is the right place to
install the dbus configuration files, it will break 'make distcheck' and
more generally any non-root install (even if a non-root install does not
make much sense for NetworkManager, right ?).

Too bad that there isn't a nicer "autotools-way" to deal with these system
paths, but the explicit --sysconfdir seems to be the right solution.

Sorry for the noise.

More interesting patches to follow ;-)

Best regards,

Timothee