Re: Network Manager is too verbose in syslog

On 7/3/06, Alexander Skwar <listen alexander skwar name> wrote:
alexander knospe:/var/log$ ps awux|grep -i wpa
root      9441  0.0  0.1   3340  1396 ?        S    20:57   0:00 /sbin/wpa_supplicant -dd -g /var/run/wpa_supplicant-global

Hmm... Those "-dd" are the cause of the debug messages. "Fine". Why
is wpa_supplicant executed this way?

This has been discussed a number of times but I can't remember exactly
why that level of debugging was needed but I do remember that the
reason was a good one  ;-)

An alternative would be to grab the source deb, edit the source to
change it from -dd to -d (or no debugging if you want) and rebuild the
package or open a ticket on launchpad asking the maintainer there to
reduce the level of debugging.