Re: autoip config option?

Tim Niemueller wrote:

To summarize:
- Maybe option to turn AutoIP off, maybe a hidden GConf key

This is a good idea.

- Have a visual indication for AutoIP being used.

I was thinking instead of having yet another icon over the signal bars (with vpn, it's getting quite crowded down in the notification area) maybe the bars could be a different color, say dark gray, instead of the default blue (on gentoo, I don't know if other distros' themes change that color). Otherwise, you wouldn't even be able to see the signal bars anymore. Or another option, have a notification popup saying the network's alive ... but with an non DHCP address.

Rémi