Re: cvs compile failure on amd64

inadvertantly dropped the cc...

----- Forwarded message from Brian Magnuson <magnuson rcn com> -----

Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:19:04 -0500
From: Brian Magnuson <magnuson rcn com>
To: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
Subject: Re: cvs compile failure on amd64

* Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> [2006-02-19 18:12]:

> As long as you have a wireless card that supports WPA, and a driver that
> reports the correct capability values to NetworkManager, then yes it
> works.  At this time, the following drivers are known to support WPA and
> NetworkManager with varying reliability:
>
> ipw2100 (fully supports)
> hostap (fully supports)
> ipw2200 (supports, but requires enc_capa patch scheduled for 2.6.17)
> madwifi (supports, but recent snapshots are _very_ sketchy)
> bcm43xx (supports, but driver is somewhat sketchy)
>
> I've personally tested with madwifi (snapshot from late Jan) and ipw2100
> against a Linksys WRT54G and an Airport Extreme.
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

I do have the broadcom chip in my spankin' new Ferarri 4000 (sweet laptop
BTW).  I didn't have much luck with the bcm43xx driver do I've been using
ndiswrapper for now.

Using wpa_supplicant standalone works fine for me.  The latest I have from NM
is that after connecting everything seems fine for a short while.  Say 30
seconds to a minute or so.  Then I can't send any more packets even though it
seems like I'm still completly connected.  The only external symptom I've been
able to note is the steep climb in the count of "Invalid misc" as reported by
iwconfig that I reported.

Thanks for replying.

-Brian

----- End forwarded message -----