Re: cvs compile failure on amd64

Brian Magnuson wrote:
From a fresh checkout I see lots of these:

In file included from ../../src/NetworkManagerMain.h:28,
                 from ../../src/NetworkManagerDbusUtils.h:31,
                 from nm-dbus-vpn.h:25,
                 from nm-vpn-connection.c:25:
/usr/include/hal/libhal.h:306: warning: declaration of 'index' shadows a
global declaration
/usr/include/gentoo-multilib/amd64/string.h:304: warning: shadowed declaration
is here

Removing the -Werror from the each makefile allows a little more progress
until I get to:

In file included from /usr/include/linux/mii.h:12,
                 from nm-device-802-3-ethernet.c:364:
/usr/include/linux/if.h:95: error: redefinition of `struct ifmap'
/usr/include/linux/if.h:131: error: redefinition of `struct ifreq'
/usr/include/linux/if.h:181: error: redefinition of `struct ifconf'

There's a patch in the gentopia portage tree that addes a #define
HEADERS_KERNEL to the top of src/NetworkManagerDevice.c but that doesn't apply
anymore as that file no longer exists!

BTW I'm not using cvs versions of either dbus or hal.  Is that required
(recommended?) for using the cvs NetworkManager?

Thanks,
Brian

I'm using the cvs checkouts made by the BreakMyGentoo folks. Everything works fine on x86. Maybe you could give them a try to see if they work or fail like your own cvs checkout. (I'm using standard gentoo dbus and hald and it works straight out)

Rémi