Detecting wired network on resume with 8139

Something I've noticed is that if I'm on a wireless network (ipw2200),
suspend, move outside the range of that network, plug in to wired, and
then resume, NM doesn't seem to pick up on the connection. This is with
the 8139too driver on an RTL-8100B/8139D.

NM is put to sleep with

    dbus-send --system                         \
        --print-reply                          \
        --reply-timeout=2000                   \
        --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager  \
        /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager        \
        org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep >/dev/null 2>&1 0<&1

and resumed with

    dbus-send --system                        \
        --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager \
        /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager       \
        org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.wake >/dev/null 2>&1 0<&1

Now I don't know if this is an NM bug, something in libnl, the 8139too
drivers, or the wired network to which I connect is just dud... anyone
seen anything similar? [Sorry to keep bothering people with these
issues...]

Thanks,
James.

--
James Ettle                                        jhe phys soton ac uk
Southampton High Energy Physics