Re: Orinoco?

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 10:05 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> Anyone using an Orinoco-based card (device driver "orinoco_cs")?

Yes, I am. It's a Dell badged "TrueMobile" PCMCIA card which Linux
identifies as an Intersil PRISM2 11 Mbps Wireless Adaptor.

> What level of success do you have?  What works, what does not?

It works fine. I haven't had any difficulties connecting to any WAPs.
The only thing flakey is the strength of the connection reported. My
laptop is currently in the same room as the WAP, and yet the NM
notification area icon says my connection strength is only 40%. (If I
reboot into Windows the connection strength is reported as excellent.)

If I've missed anything you need to know just ask away.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com