Re: cooperative scanning patch

Dan,

Should this help against the constant reconnects Simon Bøggild reported at 25 march ?

I've noticed the same problem, when watching 'wpa_cli'

On 3/30/06, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
Hi,

Here's a reworked patch that makes use of the netlink/wireless event
stuff from about a month ago.  It's got a few features:

* Notices driver-provided scan completion events and pulls from them
* Uses wpa_supplicant for scanning when a wireless connection is active
* Works around older drivers that don't send scan completion events
* Doesn't block waiting for scan results

Please test it out (against HEAD) and see if it works for you.

I've noticed one fairly large issue though...  wpa_supplicant seems to
get its link state confused and doesn't reconnect.  I don't know if this
is due to the driver not sending reconnect events or whether
wpa_supplicant is just dumb.  It doesn't appear that wpa_supplicant has
much special logic to 'fake' a connection through a scan, which sucks
for us.  More investigation is certainly needed.