Wireless networking / VPN not working

Hello,

first of all, Richard, sorry for replying personally, but this
mailinglist is somehow strange when it comes to replying ;)

I installed newest NetworkManager today on my Ubuntu Breezy laptop from
source. I compiled libnl and NetworkManager and the openvpn support and
the wireless-tools v28.

The most important part which doesn't work properly now is my wireless
connection. I don't think the problem are the wireless tools because
connecting manually does work. NetworkManager just sits there and tells
me that it wants to have a key. I launched it with the --no-daemon
option and it says the following when I connect to my WEP network:

NetworkManager: <information>   FORCE: device
'/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/eth1', network 'blaue0'
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device eth1.
NetworkManager: <debug info>    [1132176486.091273]  (): Forcing AP
'blaue0'
NetworkManager: <information>   Device eth1 activation scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device eth0.
NetworkManager: rewrite_resolv_conf: assertion `config != NULL' failed
NetworkManager: <WARNING>         (): Could not commit DNS changes.
Error: '(none)'
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) starting...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless) Stage 2
(Device Configure) will connect to access point 'blaue0'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): access point
'blaue0' is encrypted, but NO valid key exists.  New key needed.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key
requested for network 'blaue0'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key
for network 'blaue0' received.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) starting...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless) Stage 2
(Device Configure) will connect to access point 'blaue0'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): access point
'blaue0' is encrypted, and a key exists.  No new key needed.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): using essid
'blaue0', with Open System authentication.
NetworkManager: <debug info>    [1132176506.056451]  (): Activation
(eth1/wireless): no hardware link to 'blaue0' in Open System mode,
trying Shared Key.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): using essid
'blaue0', with Shared Key authentication.
NetworkManager: <debug info>    [1132176524.633410]  (): Activation
(eth1/wireless): no hardware link to 'blaue0' in Shared Key mode, need
correct key?
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key
requested for network 'blaue0'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key
for network 'blaue0' received.
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device eth1.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1): cancelling...

It prompts for a key and I cancel it with the ESC key. This didn't
happen with the old version (0.4.x).

Any ideas?

--
Christian G�me blaue0 net>