Re: Run a script when connection goes down?

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 13:31 +0100, Martin H�ote:
> Hello all,
>
> At my company, we place a lot of common software on NFS-shares.
> These shares are mounted, and the directories placed in $PATH when
> the clients are connected to our network.
>
> The trouble begins when someone disconnects their ethernet-cable,
> since a lot of directories in $PATH is no longer accessible.
>
> Is it possible to make NetworkManager run a s script when a connection
> is lost? If so, it would be fairly easy to create a script to umount the NFS-
> shares when the connection to the NFS-server is no longer available.

IIRC, it should be possible to listen on the system message bus for
signals from either the NetworkManager or NetworkManagerInfo service to
do this. Ideally we'd include an example program with NetworkManager
that shows how this can be done - in Python it is probable no more than
10-20 lines.

Cheers,
David