Stuff to do before releases of 0.3.5 and 0.4.1

Hi,

For both the 0.3 and 0.4 line, I'd like to get Bill's scanning suggestion
implemented before a release.  This should help out Derek's a/b/g card issues.

For the 0.3.5 release, there still seems to be a case where NM can hang the
machine on shutdown due to refcounts on iptables modules (specifically, the
ip_conntrack module).  I'd like to get that fixed before a release.

Anything else?