Re: CVS 0.3 on FC3 ... installation trouble

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 13:34 -0700, C.L. Hammond wrote:
> Hi,
> Fedora Core 3
> Network Manager 0.3 from CVS pull.
>

> I can build the code without problems, but cannot figure out how to get it
> started.  As I understand it, NetworkManager should be started when I
> login to my gnome session, but this is not happening.  The build did use
> the --with-distro=redhat flag.

Documentation is a bit lacking, I know :)

NetworkManager should get started by the initscripts when you boot, to
make sure this happens do:

/sbin/chkconfig --add NetworkManager
/sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 NetworkManager on

The, when you have logged in, run "gnome-session-properties" and add the
program "/usr/bin/NetworkManagerInfo" to the "Startup Programs" tab in
that window.

Or, if in that gnome-session-properties dialog you have checked the
"Save session changes on logout" checkbox, you can simply do this from a
terminal:

/usr/bin/NetworkManagerInfo

and then it will relaunch every time you log in.