Re: No NetworkManagerInfo

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 09:24 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 10:53 +0200, Magnus Ottosson wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I just compiled NM with under gentoo with the atached ebuild. After
> > compilation I started NM with success. But when I try to start
> > NetworkManagerInfo this binary does not exist! I only have the binaries
> > NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatch. Has the NetworkManagerInfo
> > changed name since the 0.4 release or is something wrong?
> >
> > magnus
>
> Hi,
>
> I merged NetworkManagerInfo and the applet, which is now called
> "nm-applet" defaulting to /usr/libexec.

I'm one of the maintainers for that package (which is in a private
overlay tree, not the main tree).  I rewrote the backend for Gentoo to
more closely resemble RedHats (and to work, it was broken).  Once I'm
confident that the backend is somewhat stable, I'll pass it up to you.

The daemon seems to work fine.  However, the applet has problems.  After
install (and restarting dbus/hal), when you run the applet it says it
has permissions problems.  So I changed "default"
in /etc/dbus-1/system.d/nm-applet to allow, the applet loads fine, but
shows no devices detected.  I'm not really sure how to go about
debugging this, so any help you could offer would be great.

Nathaniel